What to do about junk mail?
According to wiki.answers.com, 90% of mail is junk mail. What to do about it? Send it back using their pre-paid return envelope. The heavier the item you send, the more they end up paying in postage, and bonus, it goes to the USPS.
Personal Nuisance & Environmental Hazard:
- More than 100 million trees are destroyed each year to produce junk mail.
- Creating and shipping junk mail produces more greenhouse gas emissions than 9 million cars.
- You waste about 70 hours a year dealing with junk mail.
Your Mailbox Today:
- The average adult receives 41 pounds of junk mail each year. 44% goes to the landfill unopened.
- $320 million of local taxes are used to dispose of junk mail each year.
- Your name is typically worth 3 to 20 cents each time it is sold.
There are steps you can take to eliminate 80-95% of your junk mail: 41pounds.org
Read full article: http://www.wikihow.com/Stop-Junk-Mail-by-Sending-it-Back